Sunday, July 7, 2013

Astoria, Oregon

Historic Astoria is the oldest American settlement west of the Rockies. It was established
as a fur trading post prior to becoming the bustling port city, it is today. I found it colorful
and funky and wished I had more time to explore. Book stores, coffee roasters, breweries and
thrift stores beg for a return visit.

4.2 mile Astoria-Megler Bridge connects Oregon and Washington





The local PD at work, stripes!



Using a loaner camera, I went a little crazy with this setting,
makes a perfectly dull photo interesting.


Local character and proprietor of a new and used book store,


Small and fascinating museum on Pier 39


Love these trash bins; history, art and functionality.






Still a busy port...logs at sunset.

Log hoisters

My favorite part of my visit was an early morning bike ride along the 5.1 mile River Walk.
The hotel supplied my "ride", very spiffy.
The sights.....old train car

old boat

Did I mention it was a sunrise ride?




I just love this.....


No comments:

Post a Comment